A night watchman Mr. Edet Archibong Essien working with Akwa Ibom State Judiciary whose name was erroneously omitted from the state judiciary payroll since June 2014 will have reasons to thank God for the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly tagged “The People’s Assembly”.
This was as a result from the report of house committee on Judiciary, Justice, Human Rights and Public Petitions on “Non-Payment of Salaries” to Edet Archibong Essien, head night watchman, Akwa Ibom State Judiciary.
Submitting the report during plenary today, the Chairman House Committee on Judiciary, Justice, Human Rights and Public Petitions and Member representing Etinan State Constituency Hon. (Barr) Aniefiok Dennis Akpan observed during his committee’s meeting with relevant stakeholders from the State Judiciary, Office of the Head of Service, Ministry of Finance that:
– Mr. Edet Archibong Essien is a bonafide Staff of Akwa Ibom State Judiciary.
– His name was erroneously omitted from the Judiciary payroll since June 2014.
– All efforts by Mr. Edet Archibong Essien through series of letters since June 2014 to the relevant stakeholders to effect the correction so that his salaries could be paid proved abortive.
– Irrespective of Mr. Edet Essien’s predicament since June 2014 till date, he is still working diligently in his place of primary assignment.
– Reason his salary could not be paid up till now is because the original reinstatement form was not presented to the salary consultant for necessary action.
The committee who through its recommendation mandated all parties to act expeditiously to ensure all of Mr. Edet Essien’s entitlements from June 2014 are paid, thereafter submitted to the honorable house letters of reinstatement and approvals for payments as evidence of compliance by the relevant stakeholders.
Reacting, the Honorable Speaker Rt. Hon. (Barr) Onofiok Luke who formally received the report thanked the committee and relevant stakeholders for their compliance. In his words he said: “The 6th Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly holds on high regards every problem of an ordinary Akwa Ibom Person irrespective of social strata”